Monday, March 31, 2008

The Unforgettable Performance I managed to Forget

As I was sorting the photos from the last 2 months, I realized I never posted about F's 2nd year in the Missoula Children's Theatre production. This year, over 120 children auditioned and only 47 made it--Finn was one of them. The show was loosely based on Robinson Crusoe. Cast in the only role he didn't want, Member of "The Very Hairy Frowny Faced Tribe," he was thrilled to get a part when all of his friends who auditioned this year, did not! As the leader of his tribe, he did a fantastic job and he had the best hair of all of them. For a child who as a young boy was so shy and reserved, he never ceases to surprise me. I was so proud of him, when he continued on when we knew no one else in the show and didn't have his buddies this year to hang out with at any of the rehearsals. He constantly amazes me as he tries new things, and usually succeeds. At some point I need him to fail, just so we can have a "teaching moment" that sometimes things don't work out, even when we try our best. But for now, we relish in our own little world of never-ending triumphs, and 100%'s--because we know they can't last forever.

6 comments:

Jack said...

I love you guys. I can't wait to see you tomorrow night:)

Elizabeth said...

Leina was so excited when she heard F was in a play. That is her dream but her mom hasn't got the courage to commit to all the rehearsals yet. She will love seeing these pics tomorrow.

joan said...

I talked to F just after he got the part. I could tell he was getting into it because of the enthusiasm in his voice. The name of his group was intriguing, great to see the costumes of those hairy creatures.
Way to go, F!

Lauren in GA said...

Love the hair!

Congrats to F for being chosen to be in the production!

He is a trooper too, because I am sure the costume and hair had to be hot under the stage lights.

Brittany said...

"Loosely" based is probably the best adjective to describe but we certainly enjoyed being there! And I know we've all said it before, but he really did have the best hair!!! (he even has good hair in real life--not fair!)

Amy said...

he really needs a bigger part next year as he knew everyone else's lines better than they did!