Wednesday, October 03, 2007

She could have done this to my hair...

But she didn't. So thanks. While I was in UT, my aunt Kathy came in and we were able to spend some time together that was long overdue. She is a hair stylist, but claims she only cuts boys hair (she has 4 of them...so she has grown accustomed...). After convincing her she could do nothing bad to my hair that wouldn't eventually grow out, I got my free hair cut! THANKS, KATHY!!

That said, Kathy has never heard of blogs, or blogging, so this is her bait. I told her I was going to post for her, so Kathy, hope you remember to check my blog after the sun possibly damaged your brain while you were in the Bahamas!

Here are 5 things I love/remember about my Aunt Kathy:
1. Growing up, she was the tall, dark, beautiful, and tall aunt, which gave me something to aspire to in my short, short (jeans) genes. (On a side note, the women on my mother's side all have this beauty about them...and an unparalled thinness...thanks for leaving me in the lurch on that one...)
2. She used to paint my fingernails and toenails and I thought that was the coolest thing ever!
3. She has a house full of boys and is still alive to tell me about it. And smile while she talks!
4. She pulled the heck out of my hair all the time and it made me cry--but it made me beautiful (do you feel the sarcasm oozing out of my voice as I say the last part?)
5. She was someone who I could talk to when I was younger--someone who took a vested interest in me, or at least feigned it.

Hope you had fun in the Bahamas, and I hope you remember how to use the technology to check this. love, jaime

No comments: