Saturday, January 05, 2008

Our sweet 40 year old trapped in a tiny body

F got a laptop for Christmas from Santa. From his Grandma and Grandpa Bob he got a chess set they bought in Poland. One of the many reasons we love F so much is illustrated in a conversation we overheard Christmas afternoon. When his Grandpa saw him playing with his laptop, he lead, "I bet I know which present was your favorite...." F said, "I bet you don't." Bob said, "It's not the laptop?"
"Nope," said F, "it's the chess set!"

Indeed, everyday since we have been back F and Jack have played a game of chess, with a 50/50 split on wins. Tonight, Jack and I were planning to have "date night" after the little boys went to bed and we kicked F upstairs. Get take out and watch a movie--ooohhhh.... F just asked, "So can dad and I play chess or is that going to ruin your date night?" How can you deny a boy and his chess? Guess I will pick up the food while they play a "quick" round!

Photographers note: If you haven't seen my house, please disregard the framed painting from Paris propped sideways against the wall...I swear that is not how we display art here in "the country!"

2 comments:

Lauren said...

F is genius. Seriously.

Hey, sorry about my annoying e-mails...Mike gets concerned about some of the things I want to blog about...so I got frightened that I had done something offensive.

Back to F...he has highly intelligent parents...that's why he is such a genius. Of course, I had to look up telekinesis that time because of the brilliant G. We can all tell that S is brilliant because of how he spent his Thanksgiving down time in the pantry. He may end up being the smartest of all your brilliant boys.

Brittany & John said...

Uh oh...You better be careful...I know someone else who was an old man before his time and now he has a hiatal hernia at 25!