I have been processing an idea. I want to squelch all the hatred in my heart. Not that I harbor hatred, but there are things I don't like. Things that bother me. Things that I strongly dislike. Things that make me sad. Things that offend me. Things that I let get to me. I thought maybe if I put some pen to paper (fingers to keys) I could do some purging. There is a thin line between things I hate and general pet peeves so I have thrown them all into the mix. Here goes, wish me luck.
I hate it when:
1. Someone chews ice (or crunches anything loudly).
2. I am running late (or when others do and don't give notice).
3. You see someone you know knows you and they don't even nod.
4. I forget things (which is happening more and more lately).
5. Someone lies to me.
6. I burn something (because I was too stubborn to start a timer).
7. Someone acts like a friend to my face but treats me like an enemy behind my back.
8. Toothpaste gets left on the sink basin.
9. I think I look one way and then see myself in a different mirror and then see myself in a totally different way.
10. People (including myself) fall short of my expectations.
11. I think something is clean but then the only way you find it is by scouring the bottom of the dirty hamper.
12. I think I have time to finish/start a task and then suddenly my time is up.
13. People who have to "TOP" you. I say I'm busy, they say they're busier. I am tired, they are more tired. I am happy, they are happier. You know the type.
14. Someone is a know-it-all. But I need a better word. More like a "seen/heard/done-it-all." Every time I say I just heard of a new thing, they knew about it already. I read a new book, they read it 3 years ago. I just got a new recipe-they invented it. This happens everytime you mention something (because obviously it will happen). You know this type too.
15. People think it is ok for them to break the rules, but not for anyone else.
16. I am left with only conditioner in every bathroom.
17. The only time people call you or come over is when they need something.
18. I always ask, but rarely get asked.
19. People cannot accept a difference of opinion-because you share views they think we must agree on everything.
20. Someone thinks that because you have things you don't like you must be sad or lonely or depressed.
Look for my corollary post, "I love it when:..."