Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Worse than cutting coupons, yet you still endure!

I have always loved the bumper sticker that says something to the effect of, "It'll be a great day when our schools get all the money they need and the air force has to hold a bake sale to buy a bomber."

That being a bit dated, and frankly too long to be on a bumper sticker anyway, I am changing it to "It'll be a great day when our schools get all the money they need and we don't have to clip our box tops and soup labels anymore!" (Brevity was never my strength, but I don't write bumper stickers either!)
But since schools never get the money they need, we cut. Not only do we cut, but so do all of our friends and family members! A few days ago, F got a great letter in the mail from my brother-in-laws mother (Thanks Carpenters!). An envelope with 100+ box tops in it! He was thrilled. My grandmother (thanks Gma Meacham), sister, neighbors, and friends are all helping our local school and for that we say, THANKS FOR ALL YOU EAT! And thanks for taking the time to dig through the trash when other family members were careless and threw the Box Top away! So far this year we have turned in 532 Box Tops, putting F's class in 1st place for his grade level and 2nd place for the whole school. So keep cutting, saving, and sending!

3 comments:

Brittany said...

You're welcome...and thanks for the reminder...those also should have gone in the package :) Will I ever get my head back??

Elizabeth said...

Way to go! That is great F has so many supporters.

Lauren in GA said...

We are Box Top collectors, too. Aunt Stephanie has been helping with our cause. I need to be more altruistic...I should be snipping because I know it will help the school...I have gotten a little carried away with the competition of it all. Our class hasn't won anything this year and I am disgruntled. I'm off to go grow up and change my attitude.