Thursday, April 11, 2013

Moments I Hate

The moment you go for the milk after already having poured your cereal, and realize there is not milk

The moment you go to start a load of laundry and realize there was a load left in there from days ago which now must be re-washed, putting you even further behind

The moment you go to take a picture at an important event and realize the battery is charged and still sitting in the charger

The moment you pull into the carpool lane and then realize your son has jump rope club after school, but it's too late to back out and you are trapped for the duration

The moment you go to add the final ingredient to a recipe and realize you are out of the item

The moment you drop a birthday card in the mailbox and realize you thought it was March not April

The moment you are nestled in bed, perfectly cozy, and realize you have to get up to do something you forgot to do but that has to get done before you can go to sleep

The moment you realize all your hated moments have something to with the fact that what you thought was an  A Game, is really more like a B- Game.

Do you want to know the moment I loved and continue to love though? The moment when I realized that I am a 36 year old SAHM of four, starting over after 7 years, and I don't have to prove anything, to anyone, and I do not care if I am at the top of my game. I loved that moment and continue to love it!

3 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

This post spoke to me on EVERY LEVEL.

I love not caring like I used to. I used to worry I am not good enough...now I am grateful that I am too tired to worry about it. I just need to be happy and keep pushing onward.

Alyssa said...

I agree with everything! Last week I was running Kitty into school after an appointment and it was cold and windy. Chickie didn't have a coat so we were running. Some lady from across the parking lot yells, "Where's that baby's coat?" It made me so angry and I wanted to fight her, but then I realized I didn't care and she didn't know what my thought process was. At least she had shoes on!

Brittany said...

What if you're not 36 and not starting over and still not at the top of your game????