Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"Happy Birthday in India, Happy Birthday to Mom!"

Wish we were there to put a candle in a mango to celebrate your birthday with you! We love you lots and will be thinking of you all day (and night) and hope you are doing something fun in honor of your birthday. Here are some favorite memories everyone wanted to share with you in hopes of making you smile...

"Grandma-Happy Birthday today. For her birthday I can flush her down the toilet and have somebody draw on her. Just kidding! I love you. Be nice to everybody on your birthday and remember to take a bath so you aren't dirty. I want to give her some flowers and a toy robot. Love, S"

"I can't wait to see you again. I miss you. Happy Birthday. I wish I could be in India to celebrate your birthday. I would give you $40 and a lots of hugs and kisses. Love, G"

"Before Gma & Gpa went on their mission, they went to Dollywood with us. The whole time we were always talking, laughing, and having fun the whole day. Later that evening Gma and Gpa revealed their mission call. It was to INDIA!! That was probably the best Dollywood trip ever.

Happy birthday Gma. If I could, I would give you a scrapbook of every single thing that has happened since you have been gone. Sincercely, F"

Joan- Happy birthday! Hope you have a wonderful time having such a unique birthday in such a unique location. Your birthday this year will be nothing like any birthday you have had or will have. Thanks for being such a great example of service to me and to the boys. We love and respect and miss you so much. Thanks for being on a mission and letting us wish you happy birthday from afar. (even on your vacation, you were serving as you made COTA bracelets with us) love, jaimeMom- I am so glad that you are able to serve a mission right now. We are so proud of you and we pray for you every day. We love hearing your stories and experiences. I hope that you are having an amazing birthday in India. I love your sense of adventure and I love that it has taken you all over the world. Just think of all the places where you have yet to visit! I love you so much and I am so excited to be able to travel with you when you get back. Love always, Jack

2 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

That was such a great birthday post.

Being flushed down the toilet and drawn on is truly a great birthday wish.

I loved them all.

joan said...

Thank you for the Happy Birthday surprise. It was fun to hear everybody's thoughts. Looking forward to many more birthdays together in the coming years. love, Mom